My teachers...and me

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nature's Gifts


My sister in law and her son came down from Westbank for a visit. It was lovely weather and we decided to take a trip to Minter Gardens. So off we went with coolers packed and spirits high. The gardens were beautiful and we all had a wonderful time. There is something to be said for the trance that nature's grace puts on you. All of our minds seemed to slow down, allowing mindful appreciation of what was. Stresses and tensions seemed to dissipate and quietude took over. Senses intensified. We all were silently reminded what we all too often forget to notice, that feeling alive is beautiful. It doesn't come as a surprise to me that all the kids keep asking to go back to the "flower garden." I share their enthusiasm and can't wait to go back again and savour nature's gifts.

No comments: